Hello everyone and happy hump day! If you’re new here, Welcome Wednesday is a great and easy way to start conversations with fellow Atlassian enthusiasts (without necessarily getting into technical jargon). For past Welcome Wednesday topics, see here.
In today’s discussion, I’d love to know if you are a patron of your local library. Do you go to library events? Rent their physical and/or digital catalog? What’s the coolest thing your library offers?
If you couldn’t already tell, I’m a BIG library fan and since I live in Los Angeles, we have access to one of the best library systems in the state (if not the country… #bragging). Shout out to LAPL! One of my favorite things to do is take the LA Central Library Art & Architecture Tour. It’s completely free and held every day, and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting LA! I just took my parents there a couple weeks ago, and I left with some fun souvenirs (including a new library card featuring the centennial design!) and a whole lot of new knowledge about the central library and southern California history.


Some other cool, free things my library offers:
Now’s YOUR turn: tell me about your experience with your local library!