This week’s Travel Tuesday takes me to Menton in the south of France and its famous Fête du Citron the Lemon Festival. 🍋
I knew Menton was known for lemons, but I really did not expect the festival to be this impressive. Seeing the huge sculptures and displays made from lemons and oranges in person was something else. It is one of those things that looks nice in photos, but feels much more special when you are actually there.
What I liked most was the atmosphere. The whole town felt alive, colorful, and full of energy. Menton is already a beautiful place on the French Riviera, but during the festival it becomes even more unique.
A little fun background: the Lemon Festival officially started in 1934, growing from earlier citrus and flower events in the late 1920s. It is usually held every year in February and has become one of the best-known festivals on the French Riviera.
For me, it was one of those travel experiences that felt both a little surreal and a lot of fun because giant lemon sculptures are not exactly an everyday sight. 😄
This time i have a lot of Pictures because it´s awesome Event
You can also Recognize some Movie Inspirations 🤠
Have you ever visited a festival or event that was even better in person than in photos?
Beautiful photos, @Arkadiusz Wroblewski!!
I recently had the opposite experience where I went to a little festival and it was much worse than expected. In fact, it had just been canceled but I didn't know it yet! On Friday, we had poor air quality here due to the wildfires across Canada, but this had been an issue all week and the event had run the previous nights. So, we grabbed our N95 masks and set off to see some artwork and grab a bite to eat the food trucks that would be gathered. As we neared, I noticed there were no food trucks, no people...and only half of the art I was expecting. Boooo! (Of course, I'm glad they chose to stay safe and cancel the event if that's what had to happen, but still a disappointment!)
We did hang out for a bit and find a local restaurant to eat at instead!
Wow, these sculptures are incredible! 🍋🍊 I had heard of Menton, but not the Lemon Festival. This has definitely added another reason to visit the French Riviera.
For me, seeing the sunrise from the summit of Kilimanjaro was even more special in person than any photo could capture. Some experiences simply cannot be fully translated through a screen 😊
Yoda sculpture is amazing 😂
Wow! Thanks for sharing this @Arkadiusz Wroblewski. I've never heard of the town or the festival, so I've learned a lot today. The pictures are fabulous. What incredible work to create those sculptures! My favorite is Yoda.
Wow, they really take their lemons seriously there
Wow, @Arkadiusz Wroblewski; what an amazing event and beautiful pictures.
It reminds me of when I went to work in The Netherlands for a few months. One of my colleagues invited me to spend the day with his family one weekend as they were having a festival in their village. There was a parade, and all of the floats were made of fruits and vegetables. It was quite impressive. I do have some pictures, but, since it was in 1997, they are not digital.
Sorry that you had to miss out, @Amanda Barber. Those expressions on your family's faces say they still had a good time.
@Brita Moorus Kilimanjaro sounds lovely; something to add to my list of places to visit.
Yeah. I have also Couple Videos. And of course i drinked Lemonade there
Actually this place are Kind of Unique. Because Menton is Close to Nizza. From Nizza you can walk by Feet to Monace. And From Nizza you have around 30 KM to Italian Border. You can hit Easily 3 Countries at once.
Yeah, i have my Baby Yoda Cup
Hahaha @Amanda Barber now you have Motivation to go again.
Awww. maybe you can visit this place again
Wow 🤩 these are beautiful pictures @Arkadiusz Wroblewski and it looks fun!
I was always curious about the tomato festival and in 2014 I was able to attend one in Seattle and it was first time for me 😍 and I absolutely loved it! So I can imagine how fun it might be at the actual tomato festival.
@Anwesha Pan
Well, everything is great till some tomato doesn´t actually land on your head 🤠
Looks like you still had fun with your family @Amanda Barber 👌🏻
Hehehe 😂 that’s true @Arkadiusz Wroblewski or an unsmashed one right on face 🙈
@Arkadiusz Wroblewski - thanks for sharing!
I've been to Menton, but during an exact opposite time - it was super hot, and no one was in the streets. 🤣🍋
But I did get to meet a few cats!
@Arkadiusz Wroblewski - I still haven't taken the train from the French Riviera to Italy! One day...
@Dave LIAO
Thats why i was there February. It was still 20 Degree. Warm but not too warm
Btw, i done that with my Husband Helicopter Charter between Nice and Monaco - BLADE
It wasn´t so expensive, and Views was fricking unforgettable.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.