Hi Community!
This is my very first post here in the Atlassian Community. I’ve been a long-time lurker, but I finally decided to jump in because my team is currently tackling a rather tough nut to crack, and I’d love to get your insights.
We’ve been trying to roll out Atlassian Rovo, and honestly, it’s been quite a rollercoaster. I wanted to share my first impressions because I feel there’s a significant gap between the AI hype and the reality of implementing it in day-to-day workflows.
Here are the two main friction points we are currently facing:
- The feeling of immaturity in the tool
While the potential is clearly massive, it often feels like Rovo is still finding its footing:- Inconsistent results: The quality of the answers varies drastically. Sometimes it strikes gold, and other times it completely misses the mark on fairly straightforward queries.
- The context dilemma: It requires a nearly flawless Confluence architecture. If there is old documentation or "noise" in the space, Rovo gets confused easily (and let’s be real, who actually has a 100% pristine Confluence?).
- The trust barrier (The human factor): our users are naturally skeptical.
- The moment Rovo "hallucinates" or fails to find a document that is literally right in front of them, user trust drops to zero. Rebuilding that trust is proving to be an uphill battle.
My big question for you: How are you managing the learning curve and team expectations? Have you managed to get your users to see it as a reliable co-pilot, or is it still seen as a shiny new toy that requires constant double-checking?
Right now, I’d say our relationship with Rovo is "complicated". It’s like that eager new intern: full of potential and energy, but you still have to explain things three times to make sure they don’t lose the plot. Anyone else out there dealing with this phase of infinite patience?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and happy to finally be a part of the community!