
Travel Tuesday: Sarajevo 🇧🇦
I have travelled quite a lot, and one thing I always find interesting is how some cities stay in your memory for reasons you did not expect.
That is why I wanted to start a small Travel Tuesday discussion series — not only about places, but also about the impressions they leave.
For the first post, I chose Sarajevo.
Sarajevo surprised me because of the contrast. The city has a deep and difficult history, and you can still feel that in some places. But at the same time, the city feels alive, warm and full of energy.
What left the strongest impression on me was how both the people and the location appeared to have bounced back and moved on. While there's history, there's also daily life, warmth, activity, and optimism.
And of course, great, awesome food.😁
I also enjoyed seeing the Sarajevo ’84 Olympic history. It was a nice reminder that sport, culture and city identity can stay connected long after an event is over.





For me, Sarajevo was not only a city to visit. It was a city that made me think.
My question for you: Which city surprised you the most during your travels — and why?