I'm running a Confluence Data Center for our local CVJM which has a bit more than a hundred users. We use it mainly for documenting our internal knowledge, planning of some events such as planning camps or our handball teams.
Since almost everyone in our organization is a non-paid volunteer, most people only interact with a very low frequency with Confluence. There are a few power users who use it weekly, maybe at some times daily, but these are rare.
With that usage in mind, I wonder what I'll do with our instance when it's time to migrate to Cloud. I'm thankful that we have an actual free license now. If we'd switch over with that setup, this would result into ~ $ 1,675/year which is not easy to handle.
Therefore, I'm thinking about various options:
- Give some users read-only access, e.g. by using an app like Scroll Sites
- Use Confluence guests to save seats for the less-frequent users
- Migrate to another tool
I'd be interested to hear of other folks with the same challenges - and what you will do/recommend to do when it's time for the migration.