Has anyone determined Atlassian's reasoning for obfuscating work items created by an agent in CSM? Their documentation explicitly states that their portal visibility is only for items created via external channels.
- What about when a customer calls? Do I tell them sorry, go to the portal or use this random voice channel that I don't ever expect to use?
- What if they email the wrong channel? Sorry - email someone else.
- What if I am on a Zoom as part of a retention call? Sorry - I can't help you, make sure you email this email address or visit our portal! We know you're already experiencing friction so here's some more.
I understand that I can still make the tickets myself but I am losing the option to encourage self service the next time they interact with us. I can't link to where they can manage their request. I can't tell them "Return to the portal and view the outcome if you ever need to reference it again". Nothing - no carrot.
Just allow me to attach the darn form or whatever supposed magic there is so I can manage work and include my customers in the process.