I am doing some housekeeping in our user groups to simplify user management and permissions.
I understand that when creating a new user group, you can grant app admin and user access admin "Roles" to any Atlassian app you use. You can also add these groups to Global Permissions and Permission Schemes in Jira, but the options don't include Site Admin or Organisation Admin.
My question is specifically for the pre configured group, "org-admins".
Although this group can behave in the same way as new groups, e.g. Roles can be granted to Apps via 'Grant Access" as "User access admin", "App admin", or "User", and it can be added to Global Permissions and Permissions schemes in Jira, there seems to be an inherited Roles called "Organisation admin" when a user is added to 'org admin', that I can't figure out where is defined.
We also have 'site-admin' and the Site admin role, but I understand this is a legacy group no longer used.
Question 1: I was wondering where this is configured? And if new groups can be created where "Organisation Admin" can be granted?
Question 2: Does the 'org-admin' group need defined Apps and Roles (e.g. "Jira Administration" -> app admin,) or will this be granted by default without any explicit access granted?
For Question 2, I was wondering if the "org-admins" should basically have an empty tab under "Apps" to enable added users to access "org-level settings, users, and groups, and to view billing" and for app admin to be granted separately in a specific app admin group.
---
See below for a list of defined roles in our instance. The first two aren't available as App Roles, I can only see them when when searching for Users.
