Hello
Tried unsuccessfully a few years back to get CSM to work for our requirements.
Hoping this time to get it to work.
I like the Customer Experience/Space functions - this I think is new since last time I tried.
- Of the 'Channels' available only Email and Embed (forms on own websites) are required.
- Basically, we want CSM as a centralized back-end engine to process:
- ad-hoc enquiries via support email addresses - this seems to be working.
- ad-hoc enquiries via forms embedded on websites - mega issues with this.
- customer orders via order email addresses - sort of working but a lot of faff.
- Customer Portals are not required but I don't seem to be able to turn these off, which
- for Atlassian is consuming unnecessary resources
- for us, running the risk that potential customers / visitors etc may land on the support portals in mistake for the main websites.
Having issues with the email and form channels - will post separately.
I get that Jira, being for IT and service companies, needs support portals but this doesn't necessarily apply to all businesses - I'm predominately ecommerce.
So what about a bit of flexibility in CSM to be able to selectively, per workspace/experience, turn off the portals - think of the resources you'd save - and beef up the email and form channels?
This, IMHO, would open up CSM to non-IT/service businesses. I use and like Confluence otherwise I wouldn't be trying a second time to get it to work to my requirements.
Thank you.