Hey @Marco Rebellato ,
From my experience, this can be due to specific configuration conflicts (or app focus).
What you can check:
UI Focus Requirements: Sourcetree shortcuts often require the application focus to be on a specific panel. Ensure your cursor is active within the Log/History view or the File Status list before pressing the shortcut. Shortcut Conflicts: Verify that the assigned key combination is not being intercepted by another global Windows application or a native Sourcetree shortcut. Try reassigning the action to a unique combination, such as Ctrl + Shift + Alt + [Key], to test if it triggers.👆 This is where I have issues with other programs/apps as well 👀 Modifier Key Behavior: In some Windows environments, certain modifier keys (like Alt) may trigger the application menu instead of the custom action. Ensure your shortcut does not conflict with standard Windows menu navigation
UI Focus Requirements: Sourcetree shortcuts often require the application focus to be on a specific panel. Ensure your cursor is active within the Log/History view or the File Status list before pressing the shortcut.
Shortcut Conflicts: Verify that the assigned key combination is not being intercepted by another global Windows application or a native Sourcetree shortcut. Try reassigning the action to a unique combination, such as Ctrl + Shift + Alt + [Key], to test if it triggers.👆 This is where I have issues with other programs/apps as well 👀
Modifier Key Behavior: In some Windows environments, certain modifier keys (like Alt) may trigger the application menu instead of the custom action. Ensure your shortcut does not conflict with standard Windows menu navigation
Can you try checking this and see how it goes?
Cheers,Tobi
Hi Tobi,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I’ve tested this further and ruled out the common issues:
Alt
I also tried several non-conflicting shortcut combinations, including:
Ctrl + Shift + K
Ctrl + Shift + J
Ctrl + Shift + .
Ctrl + Shift + Alt + F9
In all cases, the result is the same:
I can try testing on a different PC to see whether the issue can be recreated.
Let me know if there’s any logging I can enable to help investigate further.
Thanks,Marco
Hey Tobi,
Quick update on this.
I tested the behaviour on a colleague’s machine and the shortcut worked there (using a simple test PowerShell action). I then repeated the same test on my machine by creating a new custom action, and the shortcut also worked.
This suggests the issue isn’t with shortcuts in general, but specifically with existing custom actions. It looks like updating or reassigning a shortcut on an existing action doesn’t take effect correctly, whereas newly created actions do work as expected.
It might be worth investigating whether this is a bug related to updating existing custom actions.
For now I’ll stick to creating new actions instead of updating existing ones.
Thanks for further troubleshooting and sharing the resolution here @Marco Rebellato !
I've tried (really quickly) to scan JAC for open features or bugs related to this, but couldn't find anything. You could maybe do another scan, but I believe you can also create a new bug (for this specific version) on there > this will probably make it land on the dev/product team backlog, so they can do a further check 👀
Hi @Marco Rebellato
Looks like your issue has been resolved, would you mind accepting the answer?
Thanks,Anwesha
Hi Anwesha,
I’m not sure I should mark this as resolved just yet.
While I initially thought this was fixed, the workaround only seems to work temporarily. The only way I’ve found to restore the shortcuts is to delete the customactions.xml file and recreate the custom actions, which gets them working again for a while, but then they stop triggering again later.
customactions.xml
Since that would mean recreating all custom actions regularly, it’s not really a practical solution, so at the moment I’m just not using shortcuts.
Given the behaviour, this does look like a bug, but I haven’t had time to raise a bug report yet.
Thanks @Marco Rebellato for your update. Pls raise the bug whenever you get some time! 🙂
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.