Bear in mind I just started using git yesterday so this may be a stupid question, but why isn't there an option to add an existing remote repository and an existing clone in Sourcetree?
I work with web development (Drupal) and at work we've been using SFTP until recently when we started using git for some projects, but I'm no good with the terminal and prefer a visual interface like Sourcetree. Problem is it seems to require me to clone the remote repository on my local harddrive. I work equally from home and work so that would be impractical. It would also require me to export and import the mysql databases (some of which are huge) as well as install apache, mysql etc. on my work stations which I would like to avoid.
We host both the live site and test site remotely so if it was possible to add the live site as the repository and the test site as the clone in Sourcetree that would be amazing.