As I am about to head to Team, I wanted to spread the news about something cool I have worked on recently; a port of ioquake3 to Forge for Confluence and Jira.After realizing it was possible to bring Doom to Jira, I had to "run the gauntlet" and complete WASM ports of the classic Quake trilogy as well.Milestone after milestone has been completed with the assistance of Codex and my "Forge Fiend" skill - from the first builds to the latest and greatest patches enabling true multiplayer battles inside Jira using a custom WebSockets relay patch for the Quake 3 server to make it possible to connect players together using my custom relay.We will put it to the test this week in Anaheim, but it's not limited other than the number of connections it will support.You can find out more here: Install it using this distribution link Quake 3 Multiplayer (I am sweating over getting it into Marketplace alongside Doom: id Software's DOOM for Jira)But will I manage to get the Kangoo model outfitted in Team Atlassian Williams kit before the LAN Party?
I'm going back with a submission to Marketplace for the Multiplayer version and LAN party for Amsterdam.
The server has been moved to Railway and has been a solid replacement for Docker on my laptop. You can play it now with an EAP while I resolve ECOHELP and AMS work items.
If you installed the Anaheim release, that works also 😎 EDIT: We made it ➡️ https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1579299430/quake-3-arena
https://a9group.net/q3a/
This might be the single greatest use of the Forge platform (or any platform) I've seen - incredible work. Can't wait to evaluate its impact on sprint velocity. Good luck on your Multiplayer submission 💪
Thank you - it's especially fun to play from the issueContext panel while I review what the agents have to say
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.