Hi Loom Community,
I'm posting here because I've been left with no working path forward and I need answers — both from the Loom team and from anyone else who has experienced this.
What happened:
After the Atlassian integration rolled out, I was hit with a continuous authentication error on my original account: "Could not authenticate with Atlassian, please try again." My Google account login — which I had always used for Loom — is now completely inaccessible. And most devastatingly: every single one of my recordings has been wiped.
I use Loom as a professional designer to send client deliverables, design walkthroughs, and project reviews. These videos are not casual content — they are part of my active client workflow. Losing them without warning is a serious professional setback.
Because I had no other option, I was forced to create a brand-new account:
On top of all of this — I paid for a full yearly plan in February 2026. I am now locked out of the account attached to that subscription, with no recordings, no access, and no resolution in sight.
I am asking:
-
Has anyone else experienced total recording loss after the Atlassian migration?
-
Is there a known recovery path for Google login-linked accounts that are now inaccessible?
-
Can the Loom team confirm whether recordings can be restored from the original account?
I have already reached out to billing directly, but I wanted to raise this here publicly because this level of data loss tied to a forced platform migration is unacceptable — particularly for paying users who depend on Loom for professional work.
I'd appreciate any guidance from the community or an official response from the Loom team.