I have been facing a weird issue with my SourceTree installation over the last several months. Out of my team, only mine seems to be behaving this way but a complete reinstall of SourceTree 1.6 and even updating to the latest version of SourceTree has not resolved the issue.
Some background information:
SourceTree Version: 1.8.3.0
Embedded Git Version: 2.7.4
Git-lfs Version: 1.1.1
Embedded Mercurial Version: 3.2.3
Git-Flow: Yes
Git-Flow Settings:
[gitflow "branch"]
master = master
develop = develop
[gitflow "prefix"]
feature = feature/
release = release/
hotfix = hotfix/
support = support/
versiontag =
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Now for the problem. When ever I finish a feature and then push that feature to our Develop branch, my SourceTree completes with errors and also fails to create a merge commit. In addition my commits appear as though they were done directly on the Develop branch, the historical chart for all of my feature commits is flat.
Some screen shots for examples:
This is a screen shot of the error I am seeing on pushing a finished feature to our Develop branch:
st_11_scrubbed.png
This is how the historical graph looks after the push to the Develop branch. Note that the third commit is a 'Merge branch' commit. This commit was made by a colleague yesterday, the two most recent commits are both mine. Each had a feature created for it but when it is finished and pushed it looks as if SourceTree/Git-Flow did not properly execute.
st_12_scrubbed.png
I have had the main Atlassian know-alls on my team examine the issue and they also could not figure out why this was happening. I have tried reinstallations of 1.6.4 and a completely fresh install of 1.8.3. This still continues to happen.
Does anyone have any ideas?