Hello,
I am trying to make use of Atlassian MCP (Confluence) via the Anthropic /messages API.
'"mcp_servers":[{'
'"type":"url",'
'"url":"https://mcp.atlassian.com/v1/mcp",'
'"name":"atlassian",'
'"authorization_token":"' + atlassian_token + '"'
'}] The request body support MCP Servers specific as above.
I have enabled "API Access" to MCP in my Atlassian admin settings.
I have generated an Atlassian API Key on a service account and confirmed that API calls work via Postman... however submitting that API Key prefixed with Bearer, OR encoding it as email:api-key and submitting that prefixed with Basic... both result in this response when processed via the Anthropic API:
TWG request failed: 401 Unauthorized. build: failed to parse token not a compact JWS
I then generated an API key as admin in Atlassian. And tried submitting that prefixed with Bearer, same result.
Has anyone gotten the Atlassian MCP server to work with the Anthropic API (and NOT local installs that use a different format)? My gut tells me Atlassian may be expecting to see OAuth stuff in this flow, but their docs specifically say I can use keys with Bearer/Basic.