I'm using Cursor and trying to authenticate MCP and I get this in my browser.
Internal Server Error
That's it, no information more.
The status page says nothing about MCP: https://status.atlassian.com/
Hello @Ben Johnson
That's nothing what would make me worry. It's mean nothing more and less than Atlassian had Temporary Hickup. Try again little later.
It's still happening over 24 hours later. Is there another way I can get help from Atlassian on this matter?
@Ben Johnson
Which abonament level you have?
@Ben Johnson If this still occurs after 24 hours, I would stop treating it as a transient outage. An "Internal Server Error" during MCP authentication is usually occurring in the OAuth or authorization flow rather than the MCP client itself. I'd try an incognito browser session, verify you're logged into the correct Atlassian account, and test whether the same behavior occurs from another browser or machine. If it persists, open an Atlassian support ticket and include timestamps, your site URL, MCP client (Cursor), and screenshots. We've seen a few reports where the authentication flow itself was failing even when the Atlassian status page showed green.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.