Hi everyone!
I’ve been working with Jira’s Custom Onboarding feature recently, and one thing that stood out is how effective it is at helping new users understand not just how to use Jira, but how it’s used within the organization by a specific role.
In many organizations I’ve worked with, new users often struggle with:
- Understanding what each space is for
- Knowing when to use Confluence vs other tools (SharePoint, Google Drive, etc.). This one was a very eye-opening discussion for me.
- Navigating templates, macros, and content structure
- Following content and governance standards
Unlike Jira, where onboarding can now be guided and structured, Confluence onboarding often relies on static documentation or peer-knowledge-sharing.
I’m curious how others are approaching this today:
- Are you using templates, welcome pages, or training materials?
- Have you found effective ways to guide users at the space level?
- Do you see value in a more structured, in-product onboarding experience for Confluence?
It feels like there’s an opportunity to bring some of the same onboarding patterns from Jira into Confluence, especially as organizations scale.
Would be great to hear how others are solving this on Confluence side.