I’m seeing what looks like reversed merge-link behavior in Jira Product Discovery and wanted to check whether others have experienced this.
I am merging ideas into a target idea using the native merge flow.
In my case:
- source idea being merged: CRT-866
- target idea: CRT-431
In the merge dialog, I explicitly choose:
The merge dialog also says that content is copied from the selected ideas to the target idea, which matches what I want.
So my expectation is:
- CRT-431 remains the surviving idea
- CRT-866 is merged into CRT-431
- on CRT-431, CRT-866 should appear under merged from
However, after the merge:
- CRT-431 does remain the surviving idea
- CRT-866 gets archived / parked as expected
- but on the linked work items section of CRT-431, CRT-866 appears under merged into instead of merged from
That makes the relationship look reversed, even though the merge target was clearly set to CRT-431.
I have automations setup after the merge, which this is impacting.
This is new... merged ideas from a week ago seems to behave as expected.