I am posting this because Atlassian has put my account into a completely unacceptable dead end.
I am trying to permanently delete my Atlassian account and the organization tied to it. I have spent hours following Atlassian’s instructions, clicking through every admin and billing page, and doing exactly what the documentation says to do.
Here is the problem:
Atlassian blocks my account deletion because it says I am the billing admin on an account with active entitlements.
The organization cannot be deleted because Atlassian says apps still need to be removed first.
The apps still attached are Goals and Projects on a free plan.
When I open the subscription details, they say “Managed for you by Atlassian.”
There is no Cancel Subscription button
There is no Delete option
There is no self-service way to remove them
And because this is a free account, Atlassian does not give me access to support
So to be clear: Atlassian created or attached these products to my account, marked them as managed by Atlassian, blocked me from removing them myself, then blocked me from deleting my organization and account because those products still exist, while also blocking access to support because I am on a free plan.
That is not a user mistake. That is a broken account-deletion flow.
I need an Atlassian employee to do one of the following:
Remove the Atlassian-managed Goals and Projects subscriptions from this organization
Delete the organization/site on Atlassian’s side
Fully release my account so I can permanently delete it
I do not want workarounds, links back to the same broken documentation, or instructions to click buttons that do not exist in my UI. I have already done that.
I want this escalated to someone at Atlassian who can actually remove the blockers that Atlassian itself created.
If Atlassian is going to require users to be able to delete their accounts, then Atlassian needs to provide a real deletion path for free accounts instead of trapping them in an undeletable state.