Hello everyone,
I’m facing an issue with a scorecard I created in Atlassian Compass and would appreciate any help.
I built a scorecard to monitor obsolete providers (jboss, websphere, and standalone) across components. Additionally, I need to identify components where the custom field "provider" is not filled in.
There is also a requirement to exclude components related to libraries. For that, I applied filters to remove components with *lib + static before evaluating the criteria.
Expected Behavior
- Components with
provider = jboss | websphere | standalone → Failing - Components with no value in the
provider field → Needs Attention
Current Behavior
- The Failing count is correct (64 components).
- However, the Needs Attention count is incorrect (showing 1385 components).
- In the scorecard component list, I can see multiple duplicate component entries, which seems to be inflating the count.
What I Tried
- Created a scorecard filtering only non-library components:
type = servicecicd-recipe ^ *lib + static
- Defined two criteria:
provider = jboss | websphere | standalone → Failingprovider = has any value
- Validated the real scenario using manual filters:
- Needs Attention (expected):
- Type = application
- Provider = not set
- cicd-recipe excludes
*lib + static
- Failing (confirmed correct):
- Type = application
- Provider = jboss | websphere | standalone
- cicd-recipe excludes
*lib + static
The manual filtering confirms that the failing count is accurate, but the "Needs Attention" count from the scorecard is much higher than expected.
Question
Has anyone experienced a similar issue with duplicated components or incorrect counts in Compass scorecards? Is there something I might be missing in the criteria configuration or filtering logic?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!