I have tried to create several agents. Lookup information works okay, not great, but okay.
But taking actions, holy moly ...
I wanted a personal agent to help me with task management. I use a jira project to keep track of my tasks. The agent in this phasse would be simple: look up information in my tasks and create tasks. To gradually make this more complex later on.
But even this step, Rovo fails at spectacularly. If I ask it to create a task in my personal project and the scenario instructions contain items such as "Always check which category the task belongs to. Suggest an existing category if possible, or propose a new one if none fit." it still doesn't follow this instruction and doesn't ask for a category. When trying to get it to update the category later, it always said it did it, but never does it. It conflates Category on work item level with Project category and confidently says that Category on issue level just "shows" the project category.
It also doesn't fill out any other structured fields like due date properly.
It's like Atlassian Rovo can't work with Atlassian Jira, it's amazing.
In the meantime, if I create a local agent with Claude code using MCP, I can do more things, and better than with the built-in Atlassian AI Tool.
Am I alone in this? Am I missing crucial information or steps I need to take?