I have 3 free Atlassian organizations I need to delete: gnorm, stateofforms-personal, and stateofforms-team-jv3cvjdu. I want to keep only my stateofforms organization.
I have already:
- Confirmed there are no paid subscriptions
The remaining blocker is "Remove all apps included in your active subscriptions." Each of these orgs has a Jira Free instance with Goals, Projects, and Jira installed.
The problem:
- Goals and Projects both show "Managed for you by Atlassian" in the billing console — there is no Cancel or Change Plan button, so they cannot be self-removed.
- Jira Free has a "Change Plan" button but only shows upgrade options (Standard, Premium) — no way to cancel or remove a free plan.
- There is no "Delete site" option anywhere in admin.atlassian.com or in the Jira site admin settings.
Since these are all free-plan organizations, I cannot open a support ticket (free plan users only get Community Support). I'm stuck in a catch-22: I can't self-remove the apps, and I can't open a ticket to ask Atlassian to remove them.
Can an Atlassian staff member or community expert advise on how to remove these Atlassian-managed apps (Goals, Projects, Jira Free) from a free organization so I can proceed with deleting it? Or is there a support path available for billing/account deletion issues even on a free plan?