We previously setup a Slack Connector within Rovo so that Slack is searchable in Confluence. I like that feature and format, so I'm looking to reciprocate and make Confluence searchable within Slack as detailed on Atlassian Rovo Slack app.
I understand how to accomplish this, but Atlassian lost me on the Bot account. I initially planned to create a Service account because that is an exact use case. Then when attempting to add my site, I encounter an error that says Service accounts are not supported. Really?
That means I have to create a Google Workspace account (so that I have an email with it's own login for SSO), then create an Atlassian user account with access to Confluence, then configure this as a Bot account solely for Rovo to work in Slack.
I found a reference saying to add an alias on an existing user's Google Workspace account ... but that could easily become a problem later, and I'm not even certain that would work.
For context, I am an Atlassian Org Admin and a Slack Workspace Owner. Thanks.