I've been using SourceTree for over a year now and we got along very well together so far.
Starting last week, every time I press the "commit" button, the app freezes for something like 10 minutes before showing me the commit screen (which proceeds to work find).
I tried to do some research and found out that I'm not the first one to have a problem with this button, but as opposed to other users' inquiries, my application just froze and not completely crashed when pressing the commit button.
If I attempt to open a repository in which the last active window was the commit window, it also behaves the same (freezes).
Note that SourceTree doesn't consume any extra amount of CPU or memory when it freezes.
The same thing happens in both my home and my office machines (both very strong).
I'm 99% certain that it's not a git problem (tried using the latest version, problem persists), I don't have any untracked files and my repositories are quite small (though I have lots of them).
I'm using SourceTree 1.6.12 on Windows 10. I tried to upgrade to the latest SourceTree version but that didn't fix the problem, so I downgraded back to 1.6.12 (which is much more stable IMO).
Help would be very appreciated