I have spent hours on this since trying to setup several laptops back in November after API passwords were deprecated.
After a long remote session with Atlassian I am able to clone a remote repo. I had to enter the API token 5 times in to the popup. Now when I commit I have to enter it once more.
Can someone give me correct, accurate instructions for an install of SourceTree on W11 to link to Bitbucket using API tokens - all the online documentation is slightly wrong out-of-date or doesn't work for me. This is getting ridiculous. I'm happy to reduce 'security' to just make it work smoothly.
this is what I've got so far:
I have a working API token, valid for a year with ALL scopes
uninstall SourceTree
Windows credential manager (what needs deleting? everything to mentioning BitBucket, SourcTree or both?)
Install SourceTree
initial popup - what should I enter for user and password? user name or email? password or API token?
CredentialHelperSelector popup 'no helper', 'wincred', 'wincred', 'manager' - what do I select? why are there two 'wincred'? why does this even popup - should be transparent to the user?
Tools\Options\Authentication - What should have appeared here with a correct install? Accounts / Rest Saved Passwords / Hg Saved Passwords - what entry does what? what should they say?
SourceTree is supposed to hide all the complexity , it used to just install and work. Why is the experience so bad now?
Don't point me to existing documents - they don't work!
Please just post a step by step guide with screenshots.
This is so basic - there must be an easy fix or is the combination of latest W11 Pro and latest SourceTree not compatible.