I’m running into a persistent issue with deduplication in a Rovo agent that generates a daily Jira update report, and I’m trying to understand whether this is a platform limitation or something I’m missing.
Use case:
- The agent generates a daily report based on tagged Jira comments created in the last 24 hours
- Tags include: [DONE], [IN-PROGRESS], [BLOCKED], [ACTION-REQUIRED], [NEXT]
- The report has multiple views (Leadership View, Highlights, Team View), but all views are supposed to operate only on a pre-selected set of comments
Key requirement
For each Jira issue and each comment author:
- If the same author adds multiple tagged comments on the same issue within the 24-hour window
- The report must include only the most recent tagged comment from that author for that issue
- All earlier tagged comments from that author on that issue should be excluded entirely
Other authors’ comments on the same issue should still appear normally.
What I’ve already implemented
In the agent prompt, I’ve explicitly instructed the AI to:
- Select exactly one tagged comment per (issue × author)
- Use the most recent comment by creation timestamp (UTC)
- Treat earlier comments as discarded / invalid, not just “deduplicated”
- Prevent views from re-selecting or re-introducing additional comments
- Ensure views only operate on the already-selected comments
Despite this, I still occasionally see output like:
Author1
- [BLOCKED] CNSG-1251: Integration blocked pending API endpoint
- [IN-PROGRESS] CNSG-1251: API and design received, integration started
Both comments:
- Are from the same author
- Are on the same Jira issue
- Fall within the same 24-hour window
- But only the latest ([IN-PROGRESS]) should appear