Hi everyone,
I'm starting to explore Atlassian Goals and Projects (under Atlassian Home) within our non‑profit and I’d really value hearing from others in the community.
Two questions:
How is adoption of Goals and Projects going for you?
- Are teams actively using them?
- What’s helped (or hindered) take‑up so far?
How do you handle support issues or bugs with Goals and Projects?
- Given these features are free and don’t appear to have a support path or community space of their own, I’m curious what others do when something doesn’t behave as expected.
For example, today I noticed that a user with View‑only access to a Project was able to remove linked work from the “Where this work is tracked” section. In this case the linked work was an Epic that they didn't have access to so all that showed for them was a message that read "We couldn't find the linked Jira work item. It may have been removed, or you may not be able to view it" along with the option of removing that link! So whilst they couldn’t edit the About text, assignee, contributors, or access permissions for the project, they could still unlink work items used for tracking. That feels like a bug which I’d have raised this with Atlassian Support, but Goals and Projects don’t appear to exist as supported products, and I couldn’t find a clear route to log or discuss this formally.
A related (and possibly more fundamental) question on visibility and security:
- Today, Goals are visible to everyone with access to the space.
- Projects behave the same way, though there are some additional access controls there.
- I understand goal‑level security is on Atlassian’s roadmap, but until that exists I suspect it may influence adoption in our org — certainly for more sensitive goals, sub‑goals, or outcomes, which we’d likely avoid logging for now.
My current thinking is to:
- Start with my own IT goals,
- Make their linkage to organisational strategic priorities explicit, and
- Use that as a way to improve information flow, reduce silos, and model good practice — hopefully encouraging wider adoption over time.
I’d be really interested in:
- How others are navigating visibility and permissions today
- Whether you treat Goals and Projects as “safe for reporting” yet
- How you raise issues or get advice when there’s no clear support path
Looking forward to learning from your experiences!