Hi there,
I am struggling with automation on connected items in JPD. I believe that my struggle is related to needs that may not yet be supported, or where community examples or looms are outdated due to the recent automation UI updates.
Lets assume that I have 2 idea types, one called "feature" and one called "feature request" and we have enabled the hierarchies and connections appropriately.
Now I have enterprise customer success teams that want to see the basic roadmap status of the feature related to their customers' "feature requests" without having to navigate away from the view of requests.
I watched Tanguys loom from a few months ago, and extrapolated a simple way to do this using the new automation updates, based on the trigger being a feature request being linked to a feature an this is working great.
What I cannot figure out how to do is two things:
1. What if the field value changes on the feature and I want that value to propogate "down" to all feature requests? is this supported and how do I do this?
2. what if the link was made prior to this rule being created? Can i apply the rule in arrears?
Thank you for any guidance.