I'm evaluating Bamboo and would like to know if it's possible to fail a build based on a comparison of metric deltas with prior builds. Sample use-case would be: fail if code coverage drops and lines of code increases or remains the same.
Thanks in advance.
We are in the exact same situation and would also like to know this.
I haven't seen such a thing. However, you could probably make a script to handle it. For example
Build 1:
Build 2:
It is not ideal, but would work with not much outside dependencies. Maybe a way to do this using build artificats as well, but not positive.
I went through this. Long story short, if you're using a modern bamboo (> 5.1) , there is NOTHING that currently exists to track code quality. Not even to report it in a nice way. The checkstyle/coberture/etc plugins haven't been touched in years. Bamboo itself doesn't handle it. I find it to be one of the biggest shortcomings of the Bamboo tool.
If quality metrics are a core part of your build (as they are mine), you'll have to find another solution...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.