Hello All!Just a quick question about being a Jira Admin. Do y'all know of any trainings/tutorials that can give me a quick start on how to make sure I'm setting things up properly for my team?
Hi! There are tons of trainings: https://community.atlassian.com/learning/hub/all-learning-paths#build-admin-skills
Hello @Monikka
"Properly" is a subjective term.
Does the setup support the way the team works?
Is there a better way to get the same result?
Is the way they work effective? Is there a better work process they could use?
Does the setup meet the company requirements for governance and being able to generate reports?
If the team asks for a change has there been due diligence to understand the problem they want to solve? Many teams will ask for a change (i.e. we need a new custom field) without having full knowledge of the alternative ways that Jira could help them solve the underlying problem. I like to follow the Five Whys approach to make sure the root problem has been identified and then consider the best solution.
You definitely need to follow Alex Ortiz from Apetech Tech Tutorials. His content literally taught me everything I know, and was a great sanity check when I first started out as an Admin.
Also check out a space that he and another guy called Josh has, they offer loads of free content or you can also subscribe for a tiny fee for more content - I'm signed up and love their stuff even now as I consider myself as a seasoned administrator: https://www.skool.com/atlassian-everything/about?ref=bbf13111c48449f98983761cdc2c8757Good luck!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.