Good morning/day,
I successfully upgraded from Jira 6.1 to 6.2 using the linux 64 bit installer. It was simple and the instructions were well-written. My next step is to upgrade Fisheye and Crucible from version 3.0 to 3.4 also on linux. I was going to attempt this a few days ago but have gotten somewhat confused after reviewing the instructions online. I have the following questions and would like to see if I can get some guidance.
1.) I also see the following links for downloading fisheye/crucible:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/fisheye/download
https://www.atlassian.com/software/crucible/download
For the download links, I don't see a version for Linux like I did when I upgraded from Jira 6.1 to Jira 6.2. Is it just the 3rd option for both fisheye and crucible which is just the .zip file? If so, I suggest that Atlassian should add some verbage about this being the version for Linux. I just want to confirm before I start the actual upgrade.
2.) For Fisheye, the upgrade instructions from this link:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/FishEye+upgrade+guide
then point me to these instructions for installing the .zip:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Installing+FishEye+on+Linux+and+Mac
However, I don't see a step which looks like an installation step. Step 5 says to extract the downloaded file. Is this the actuall install procedure? Is it nothing more than extracting the zip file? For jira, there was actually an installer that had to be run. This is why I am somewhat confused or feel like I am missing some other steps.
3.) For Crucible, the same questions as above apply. The upgrade instructions from this link:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Crucible+upgrade+guide
then point me to these instructions for installing the .zip:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Installing+Crucible+on+Linux+and+Mac
However, I don't see a step which looks like an installation step. Step 5 says to extract the downloaded file. Is this the actuall install procedure? Is it nothing more than extracting the zip file? For jira, there was actually an installer that had to be run. This is why I am somewhat confused or feel like I am missing some other steps.
Your guidance is appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve Michalski
Convoke Systems