Hello everyone!
While diving deeper in timeline view, I am exploring how to represent the dates in the most meaningful way. So here is the context:
We have some initiatives and some tasks connected to these initiatives. All tasks have/will have delivery tickets in Jira Software attached to them. I am struggling to meaningfully synchronise the target dates of the tasks with the actual dates when the Jira work items are finished.
I want to see when we plan to start and finish working on an item and when we actually finish working on it.
Initially, all dates will be start date/target date set in JPD. What seems to be interesting to explore is overriding these dates for tasks when the work on delivery items actually starts and finishes.
I know that I can set synchronisation between the start/target date of an item in JPD with actual dates in delivery tickets. The problem is that when the first of the delivery tickets is completed (set to live), the target date of the JPD task is then updated to that date. And we have not yet even started working on other delivery tickets attached to this item. So it looks like the logic needs to be "when the last delivery ticket is live, override the target date of the JPD task".
Is something like this possible? How are others using these dates and especially synchronisation with Jira?
Thanks!