Hello,
I tried my first commit from within SourceTree (4.2.11 (427)). I'm on macOS 15.7.2.
I get the following error:
git --no-optional-locks -c color.branch=false -c color.diff=false -c color.status=false -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree add -f -- test-cr.txt
git --no-optional-locks -c color.branch=false -c color.diff=false -c color.status=false -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree commit -q -F /var/folders/[…]/SourceTreeTemp.3tjuuq -a
error: ssh-keygen -Y sign is needed for ssh signing (available in openssh version 8.2p1+)
error: /usr/bin/ssh-agent: illegal option -- Y
usage: ssh-agent [-c | -s] [-Dd] [-a bind_address] [-E fingerprint_hash]
[-O option] [-P allowed_providers] [-t life]
ssh-agent [-a bind_address] [-E fingerprint_hash] [-O option]
[-P allowed_providers] [-t life] command [arg ...]
ssh-agent [-c | -s] -k
fatal: failed to write commit object
Completed with errors, see above
ssh -V gives me OpenSSH_10.2p1, OpenSSL 3.6.0 1 Oct 2025 , so this should be > 8.2p1.
What puzzles me is that it says
/usr/bin/ssh-agent: illegal option -- Y
i.e. ssh-agent (!) not having the -Y option, not ssh-keygen .
When I run
/usr/bin/ssh-keygen with imvalid input, it clearly shows -Y sign as a supported option in the usage it prints. I haven't found documentation on what -Y should do on ssh-agent ?
How can I solve this?
Thank you!