I have a rather small repo, hosting on a gitlab server. Through a series of unfortunate events, I messed up my local version of the repo trying to commit and push changes that were fairly inconsequential. Rather than bother fixing that merge conflict, I opted to delete my local repo and clone it again. That's where the problems started...
Cloning into '/Users/chris/myreponame'...
warning: templates not found /usr/local/git/share/git-core/templates
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
I can't seem to get around this. I've rebooted, updated and reinstalled Sourcetree, tried cloning into various different folders on my local machine, same error each time. Others are able to clone the repo fresh into a new location, and have had no issues pulling, committing, or pushing into this repo. It certainly seems to be a local problem on my machine. Short of formatting OSX and reinstalling my operating system, i'm out of ideas here. I've found a few posts around the internet from people getting the same error message, but there's never an answer for the problem. Posting here in hopes of getting a hint! 