asked to @Atlassian on Twitter
The only commit message processing native to Crucible is done by Smart Commits which permit creating a review, adding reviewers to a review, and updating an existing review. Smart Commits are only processed after the repo receives them so this doesn't have anything to do with pre-commits. If the code isn't in the system then I don't think this would count in the review coverage report.
I submitted this question on Twitter yesterday. I didn't know about this Q/A site. I'm asking if I commit my code, which has been code reviewed and I subsequently go onto include the url or code review id in the SVN commit message; when Crucible indexes said new commit will it associate the code committed with the code reviewed and then count that as reviewed code under the code review report area? As I said, I'm not seeing that behavior, which would seem fundamental to me if I wanted to implement a "pre-commit workflow".
See my clarification below. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/22656992/comments/22657400
Hi Matthew,
Pre-commit reviews are currently not included in code coverage reports, and the corresponding commits are not marked as reviewed.
There's a feature request for that at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-5706, but implementing that might be tricky and not always accurate.
However a way of associating a commit with a review through the commit message would be fairly simple to implement, and actually might be useful in some other use cases - like rebases in DVCSes, where the original commits were reviewed, but a different set of commits were merged finally.
I've raised https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-7348 to track that idea. Please watch it, vote for the feature, and let us know if that would help your use case.
Cheers,
Łukasz
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.