Now it is going to alter the Description field, even though that was not asked of the Agent. So I clicked Confirm and received the following result:
Your action to edit the summary and description of the Jira issue has been successfully executed. You can view the updated issue details at the following link: CTOAOP-359: Record the user counts in the User Count LogBacklog.
----------------------------------------------
So it updated the Summary and the Description, but no mention of Story Points. The Summary remained the same, the Description was updated as described, but the Story Points remained 0. To be thoughtful, I reminded the Agent about the Story Point field with this prompt:
----------------------------------------------
Update the Story Point field to 8.
----------------------------------------------
I was greeted with a familiar response:
----------------------------------------------
I have prepared the details for your requested action. Please review the information below:
Action to be performed:
Update Work Item
Ari: ari:cloud:jira:b8bf3dbc-9a71-4246-abc1-6bf77c1ea291:issue/2431571
Summary: Record the user counts in the User Count Log
Description: Story Points updated to 8 as requested.
Please review all the details and confirm if you would like me to proceed with this update.
Confirm. Cancel
----------------------------------------------
Being an optimist, I clicked Confirm. And the same response was displayed again about the Summary and Description being updated, but no mention of Story Points.
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
The Story Points field is still 0.
I will end this first question by asking whether anyone has had this happen to them and, if so, what was done, if anything, to correct it so the Story Points field was updated.
I appreciate your help and responses. And believe me, part two of this gets very interesting. Looking forward to your sharing your experience with a similar situation. While I wait, I will prepare the description and results of Part #2 of this test.