For Example, we created a single select field with the following selections:
and we want the default value to be "NO"
How can we do that in the Jira Product Discovery Field?
Hi @Ralph Gerald Varon
As suggested by Christos, a very simple automation rule can solve your requirement.
This is how we solve it for a checkbox field (see example below). Note that advanced edit might not be necessary for your field type, depending on the field type your YES/NO field is.
Don't forget to restrict this rule only to your JPD project in the automation rule details tab.
I believe this is not supported yet in JPD. u have to use automation on create issue to put the default value or some 3rd party app that supports JPD fields.
+1 to what Mart said, default values aren't available in Jira Product Discovery at the moment, but we have added this suggestion in our Jira Product Discovery project.
Best Regards,HermanceSr. Product Manager @ Jira Product Discovery
I see, so this is the only way, I appreciate the answer still. Thank you!I'm just not sure if this is a good way to solve it because in our instance, we only have 500 automation limits in the JPD.
That's Unfortunate, anyways Thank you for the answer! much appreciated!
If u have Scriptrunner for Jira Cloud or JMWE for cloud i thing u can do it from there also and it doesn't count in your automation runs
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.