I authenticated using an API token on Sourcetree, but now every time I do something, I'm prompted to enter my credentials or token. This isn't the case when I'm using an app password, but they're deprecated now.
I'd like to thank Sandeep K for looking into this for me. For anyone seeing this in the future, the ticket I opened with Bitbucket resolved with a feature request. Basically they believe Windows Credential Manager doesn't support the length of Atlassian's API key, so it's storing a truncated key. Any workarounds suggested involve storing key in plain text. See feature request below.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-23928
@stso I am assuming that you are a Mac user you can do this if you are:
Go to the Terminal and type this:
git config --global credential.helper osxkeychain
On Windows. I have it configured with Windows credential manager already though.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.