We have defined a few date fields in JPD:
- Project target
- Original target
I want to use automations to populate the Original target date with a copy from the Project target date field when those are populated the first time with a quarter/month/day value.
I have the following steps in an automation rule (named: Copy the first Project target date to Original target date):
- When: value changes for Project target (Change type = value added; For = Create / Edit work item)
- Condition: Issue type = Idea
- Then: Re-fetch Work item data
- And: Edit Work item data (with advanced editing, see below)
When I've hardcoded the date values it populates the Original target date field correctly:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_11819":
"{\"start\":\"2026-10-01\",\"end\":\"2026-12-31\"}"
}
}However if I try to use smart values it fails, example below:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_11819":
"{\"start\":\"{{issue.customfield_11444.start}}\",\"end\":\"{{issue.customfield_11444.end}}\"}"
}
}
Error from audit log: (no valid interval: {"start":"","end":""})I'm getting tired of Copilot and ChatGPT confidently saying they understand the problem and suggesting something that then doesn't work.
Now I turn to the kindness of my fellow JPD travelers...
What is the correct date-formatting-qualifier to use for extracting the start- and end-date from a custom date field and populate them in another custom date field in JPD?