dear all,
looking for a solution to the question above as I have multiple uncommited changes (1631 in fact) that I wish to discard everything at one go.
any solution would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Hey Andrew,
Sourcetree expects you to check all the files that you would like to discard. With 1631 changes and no option to "Check all" files, I think git command line is your simpler option.
You can use the commands:
git reset
git checkout .
git clean -fdx
Refer to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14075581/git-undo-all-uncommited-changes
Cheers
Bhushan
Hi Bhushan,
Noted on this thank you so much for the reply! will certainly try it out and revert you!
I've run the commands already and it works on my CLI but how do I reflect the changes in my working copy in sourcetree's GUI?
Apologies as I am really new to sourcetree thank you!
Did you try the Discard button? The popup that comes up has a "Reset All" button that you may find useful.
Hi Seth,
Bhushan and your advice worked for me thanks!
'Reset' your branch to your last commit:
I highlighted all the files and selected discard. It came up and showed the differences with a discard changes button on the bottom right and when I click it, it pops a window that says "At least select one file". How? I have highlighted them but there is not check box.
WTF an interface should be intuitive. I'd stick to SVN and Tortoise but my company choose this wack-oh system.
Wish they'd hire professionals to design their interfaces.
Based on other questions, it sounds like the latest version of SourceTree is missing checkboxes in many parts of the UI. You can downgrade to an earlier version until this is fixed, or use a different tool. SourceTree is just one of many available UIs for Git/Mercurial.
As of version 3.2 make sure one of the Workspace tabs is selected and try to use the Reset... context menu. It it can't be enabled, try checking at least one unstaged file. When active the Reset... command also shows a Reset All option.
.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.