Just got back from Team ’25 Europe in Barcelona and had a ton of hallway chats with admins and partners. A consistent theme: cost pressure feels higher than ever.
Vendor disclosure: I work for an Atlassian Marketplace vendor. We built a user management and license optimizer app that helps identify inactive accounts and right-size licenses. No links here - just context for why I care about this topic.
From what I’m seeing, Atlassian’s cloud list-price updates took effect on October 15, 2025 (yesterday). Partner roundups summarize changes like ~5% on Standard, ~7.5% on Premium, and ~7.5-10% on some Enterprise editions (Jira, Confluence, JSM), plus ~10% on Bitbucket - details vary by product/edition.
Separately, maximum quantity billing for monthly subscriptions/apps is rolling out broadly by the end of October, which can change how spikes within a billing cycle are charged.
At the same time, Atlassian has been shipping and showcasing a lot - AI/Rovo updates, new “Collections,” admin/audit improvements, etc. I’m curious how folks here weigh that new value against the higher prices.
Questions:
If you renew soon, are you planning to change tiers (Standard/Premium/Enterprise) or billing cadence (monthly/annual) to offset the increase? What’s your rationale?
Do the Team ’25 releases (e.g., Rovo/AI, Collections, admin improvements) feel like enough value to justify the price changes?
For monthly customers, will maximum quantity billing change how you manage seat fluctuations during the month? Any playbooks for keeping peaks under control?
What practical tactics have actually moved the needle on spend — right-sizing seats, tightening SCIM de-provisioning, automation, or something else? (This is where our own user-management focus comes from, but I’m especially interested in what’s worked for you.)
If any vendor context feels off, happy to adjust.
PS: Here is my full Team25 Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNpTBqIEK8