I turned off "Correct Spelling Automatically" in System Preferences, and still SourceTree changes what I write in my git commit messages, often so that they no longer make sense. Is there a way to disable this?
In Lion this is no longer a system-wide option. Right-click on the commit text area, select Spelling and Grammar, and alter the Check / Correct options as appropriate. SourceTree 1.4 onwards remembers these settings and they're remembered independently of any other application.
And it would be nice to just have a SourceTree only option to turn this off.
This is very annoying. especially since it wasn't clearly reachable in the preferences. It has made us have more incorrect comments than we used to have without this feature! it is easy to know when someone has a typo but changing 'wps' to 'was', or 'gameclock' to 'game cock' actually causes more confusion for most people.
Argh Apple autocomplete annoys me in SourceTree. Just the moment I hit commit it autocompletes "json" to "son".
Please add this to preferences.
Agreed. Preferences is the first place I checked for this, then I had to do a google search to find this answer.
completely agree, so annoying
+1 it's driving me crasy
Fantastic. Is the idea each application will remember its own preference for this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.