Currently the Rovo MCP server (https://mcp.atlassian.com/v1/sse) seems to only support SSE, which was deprecated in the MCP spec in favor of HTTP Streaming.This is corroborated by the VSCode MCP integration using the Atlassian MCP server (Note, it works fine in VSCode as-is, because it supports the fall-back to SSE).
Hi all, the Atlassian Rovo MCP server has supported Streamable HTTP for a while now and can be accessed at: https://mcp.atlassian.com/v1/mcp (also see https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-rovo-mcp-server/docs/getting-started-with-the-atlassian-remote-mcp-server/)
Also here trying to answer this question. I am worryingly close to having my workflow break as SSE is being deprecated across the industry in favour of HTTP
@Matt Little @Liam Hall Right now the Atlassian MCP server only supports the legacy SSE endpoint. It doesn’t implement the newer HTTP Streaming protocol from the MCP spec, and Atlassian hasn’t published a timeline for adding it. VS Code works because it falls back to SSE; clients that require HTTP Streaming won’t connect until Atlassian upgrades the MCP server.
Hi Team, Is HTTP Streaming support possible now ?
Is there anything new on that topic?
I was able to use HTTP Streaming protocol from the MCP spec to connect to Atlassian MCP Server from a custom web application. https://github.com/modelcontextprotocol/python-sdk/blob/main/examples/clients/simple-auth-client/mcp_simple_auth_client/main.py - implemented similar to this example.
OK thanks! I'll have to check it out. My goal is to connect the MCP to OpenWebui.
thanks for the update Peter!I will try it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.