Hi there,
Context: I am a new product leader coming into an organization that is overloaded with aligning with internal teams. I am an extensive JIRA user, but JPD is new to me. I have previously used other tools for product-centric work that integrated into JIRA. Those products were quite sophisticated in feedback intake and management where (per your acknowledgment JPD is not yet)
Before I arrived my team started using JPD and I see many benefits, but since my current priority is internal alignment, I am trying to decide if I can make JPD work while you all are exploring the area I need most.
Having read and watched as much as I can find, and reviewed the handbook, I feel like your recommended approach is to intake feature request via a JSM project which my company doesn't use. I also see some recommendations to dedicate a project specific to intake.
However, in recent looms related to the hierarchies feature, and with the future addition of intake forms per type, I begin to feel like you might be envisioning a concept that feature requests are an early type of idea and perhaps that early idea in the future may then become an insight attached to a larger item. I know this is still in exploration and the acquisition of cycle may influence, but I am wondering if you have directional thoughts at this point?