<rant>I hate git. I hate it with a passion. Using SourceTree is probably making it 100x less complicated than it is but it's still not enough.
What I wish is that SourceTree was so easy a 5 year old could use it. If that's a built in workflow or wizard I don't care.
I'm working with one other person on a project and I've had the following problems:
• You can't pull because you have uncommited changes (ok what do I do?). I don't want to commit because these are settings file. someone says try stashing it. ok. probably should have ignored my settings files but I don't know how to do that.
• I stash the files and pull in the changes (I happen to know why pull is which basically means overwrite my changes).
• Try apply the stash. You can't apply the stash because you haven't commited the files. OK? So I'm totally lost. I try to commit. No files. What do I do?
• I do something and the files are applied or commited. Now I have unable to refresh index, needs merge on 1000 files. What the fuck did I do? How do I get out of this mess?
• Now I just want to start over. There is head, origin, master, master (in Branches), working copy, WIP in stashes. What do I choose? What do I do now?
• I'm in way over my head. I hate git. I hate everything. I never want to work on team projects again. Thinking about archeaology and different career paths. Curl into a ball and weep.
</rant>