
Happy Friday Community!!

I don’t know about you but for me it’s been a looooooong week, so I’m very ready for the Feel Good Friday vibes!
Last weekend it was Father's Day here in Australia, and after a great breakfast at a local cafe, we went to one of my happy places: an independent book shop. There’s something about wandering around the shelves of books that fills me with happy hormones - I think it’s a combination of that new book smell, the excitement of finding something new to read, and the wonder at all the stories and knowledge stored in these little packages of printed paper.
Even though I already have a huge pile of books at home to get through, I ended up buying another new book. I personally blame the author Ryan Holiday - he says "I promised myself a long time ago that if I saw a book that interested me I’d never let time or money or anything else prevent me from having it,” and I’ve very much fallen into the same way of thinking, which has led to finding some of my absolute favourite books.
I’m generally more of a non-fiction reader, and top of my faves list is 21 Questions for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari which I return to regularly. But when I just want to escape the real world, I can’t go past Stephen King - there are many nights when I’ve stayed up into the wee small hours with one of his books saying to myself “just one more page...just one more page…”
Do you have a favourite book which has made a huge impression on you, or that you return to again and again? Or a favourite author who you can never get enough of?