So I tried to set "sort by" to "path alphabetically" and it does sort everything by "path alphabetically" initially. But whenever it refreshes it sorts any files in a folder by "path reverse alphabetically"(the default). However it sorts files not in any sub folders by "path alphabetically", which is weird.
Is there a known fix for this? Or is this a bug/if it is, is there a bug report/ticket for this?
I just updated to 3.4.24 though I was having this issue in the previous version I had installed.
Step to replicate
1) Open a repo
2) add the following files. a.txt, b.txt, test/a.txt, test/b.txt, test/a/a.txt, test/b/b.txt
3) select any "sort by" option other than "path alphabetically" and then select "path alphabetically"
4) the files should be sorted like so, in the unstaged files section

5) refresh the repo(f5 or auto refresh)
6) the files now look like so

Note how /a.txt and /b.txt are in the correct order, but the files in test are in reverse alphabetical order. Also note how /test/b.txt is between the a and b folders, where as in normal "sort by reverse alphabetical" the folders would come first and then the files will come after.