I have a repeated problem when trying to get a JIRA automation to call a custom ROVO agent. The agent works perfectly in chat-mode.
The automation passes the ticket {{issue.key}} to the agent, but the agent will always respond that there is no such ticket. The agent response will even (unhelpfully) provide me with a JQL like "atlassian.net/issues/?jql=issueKey%20%3D%20KEY-1234%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC" and suggest I "refine my query". (The query is fine of course as it just lists the key).
The rest of the automation works fine, so I get (e.g.) an email to containing the agent response, but the response is just "there is no such ticket".
The Rovo response contains the JQL, which contains the correct key, so it *does* have the correct key... it just won't look at it. But in chat mode the agent works fine and will read and process the key without. I am stuck. Issue persists with different projects and different agents.
TDLR:
I have a working custom agent, and a working automation. But when the automation calls the agent the agent will not read JIRA ticket and claims it doesn't exist.
RESOLVED:
This resolved itself after a day. Not clear to me why. Best guest is some kind of sync/refresh issue related to Agent access.