I really like the idea of the new "Today" line. It's a valuable addition in theory, but in practice it's created some challenges due to how timeline dates work in Jira Product Discovery.
Because timeline-view project start and end times are so rigid, I’ve been using milestone labels to reflect our 2-week sprint cadence instead. It’s a bit of a workaround, and the milestone dates don’t always align perfectly with the calendar. That was manageable until the "Today" line appeared.
Now that it can’t be hidden, it highlights the misalignment between our sprint structure and the timeline view, which adds confusion.
Top requests:
Allow dragging project start and end dates to specific days. Even better would be supporting a custom sprint length (such as 2 weeks) and a configurable start date.
If that’s not feasible in the short term, please make the "Today" line optional. I do like the feature, but right now it is making an imperfect setup more confusing.