@Andy Gladstone helped us achieve the first goal in Likes for Trees (a whopping 50,000 likes which will help plant 50K trees!) with his July-kable series. Check out the posts here:
July-kable Post Series: Episode I - Your Most Likeable Animal!
July-kable Post Series: Episode II - Your Most Likeable Entertainment Art!
July-kable Post Series: Episode III - Your Most Likeable Places!
I thought I'd throw in a bonus "episode" to try to help us reach the new Stretch Goal - a bonus 10,000 likes!
Currently watching:
Current favorite listens:
https://open.spotify.com/show/6EXWmAM2LmxUVPU7mrsGAL
Another favorite listen:
Currently reading:
It's Tour De France and Tour De France Femmes season, so I have been keeping one eye on Peacock and the other on my email. Or maybe just both eyes on the TdF and TdFF! On top of that, I have been binging highlights on YouTube and Unchained on Netflix. And during my commute I have been catching up with The Cycling Podcast and Wheel Talk.
It's the most wonderful time of the year to be a cycling fan!
Currently watching on
Apple TV+
Netflix
I know, I need WIP limits urgently! 🙈
@Amanda Barber that's indeed a good topic, I'm sure we'll reach the new milestone!
Here's what I am reading currently:
And here's what I am listening to currently:
Ep #23 | WTF are Consumer Electronics? | Nikhil ft. Carl Pei, Rahul Sharma & Amit Khatri
Slowly, but surely I'm making my way downtown through The X-Files. It's been a very enjoyable experience so far with some very solid writing during the canon episodes. I will say, it does test my patience with the sheer volume of seasons and episodes. Maybe the good ole' tik tok and reel culture on the internet has fried my attention span much more than I admit too, but 24-episode seasons at 40 minutes a pop, whew... It's marathon not a sprint.
Listening:
I've been slowly carving through The Stormlight Archive audiobooks. I just finished the first novel The Way of Kings and have found myself at the decision point of- to purchase the physical novels to read at a quicker pace, or keep enjoying the slow pace of the audiobooks... Given the backlog of books on my nightstand, it might be best to keep listening to hours to my commute to and from work haha.
I will, it's been an incredible series to listen to so far. Very interested to see where the story goes, and the fact there's still a huge chunk to be written is pretty enticing.
Podcast: Play, Watch, Listen
It's a video game industry podcast hosted by three very successful game developers, but they discuss a myriad of ideas, topics, and interests past just video games, and their jobs. When I put on a new episode it reminds me of hanging with some close friends while we just talk aimlessly. Sometimes we cover a point and story really well, sometimes we're sidetracked into a different realm, and it doesn't matter. It's simply just enjoyable to be catching up with close friends. I highly recommend checking out some episodes if you're into video games, tv shows, movies, or learning about behind-the-scenes of how to make movies and video games.
Currently reading two books for the 2025 Read Harder Challenge:
Listening to:
Watching nothing now that Severance and Hacks are both on hiatus! Although did finally get to show my daughter one of my favorite movies last week:
@Amanda Barber I still think about Born a Crime all the time, what a great book! Are you listening to it on audio? If not, I highly recommend it, he does a great job narrating it!
@Dave Mathijs glad to see Severance on your list. Ugh, so good. So, so good.
@Andy Gladstone who are you rooting for? I used to get together with a friend every year to watch some Tour de France - she taught me the word peloton! (Before, you know. Peloton existed.)
Listening: We just introduced our 9 yr old to the Harry Potter series so we're working our way through the Jim Dale narrated audio books during our weekend roadtrips. 🪄
I am enjoying listening to British comedy podcasts including Off Menu and James Acaster and Ed Gamble, and Films to be Buried WIth, with Brett Goldstein.
@Sarah Stokes do you watch Taskmaster? That's the only reason I know Ed Gamble and James Acaster!
I'm reading Born a Crime, @Monique vdB - I'm one of those awful audiobook listeners who doesn't notice when I've stopped listening, haha. I do well with podcasts, but less so with audiobooks. One audiobook I couldn't stop listening to was Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe because Lin Manuel-Miranda narrates it!
@Monique vdB - that looks like an awesome challenge!
Putting a plug out for my favorite way to track my reading: https://thestorygraph.com/
I just finished the Facebook expose and hoooo boy was this something else.
We are currently watching in Prime
And on Netflix
@Tiffany Scolnic damn that's a great cover
I've been watching SciFi/Fantasy series that have been off-air for a while. Right now I'm watching
Before that I re-watched Stargate Universe.
I recently watched the new Superman movie and I thought it was a fun watch!
Current reading:
Current Watching:
Netflix:
Peacock:
@Andrew Zimmerman I'm also watching Pokerface!
@Anwesha Pan The wheel of time is a great serie. The third seasn was a lot of fun and action
@Summer Mahmoud I want to watch Superman too. The critics are good and it seems to be a good old Superman with hope, fun and action. I want to watch Fantastic 4 too
Hi everybody,
And thank you @Amanda Barber for this interesting post so much good think to discover !
My current readings are Phénix by Osamu Tezuka (the god of manga) and Christine by Stephen King (oldie but goodie)
No current watching but I am waiting for Wednesday season 2
Current listening, some podcast about physic that I don't fully understand but that are mind blowing
@Mario GELES - we watched the trailer for Wednesday this week. Looking forward to it returning to watch with my teen. We're also excited for Stranger Things (finally!) in a couple of months.
@Amanda Barber yes the trailer was good and I hope the season 2 will be as good as season 1. I have just seen the first season of Stranger Things maybe I should watch the other seasons
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.