I have set up a few Custom Actions in SourceTree, and they have all worked fine for me. For instance, I have some custom cherry-pick commands that I use from time to time:
- Name: Cherry Pick (mainline=1)
Script to run: /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/bin/git
Parameters: cherry-pick $SHA -m 1
- Name: Cherry Pick (mainline=2)
Script to run: /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/bin/git
Parameters: cherry-pick $SHA -m 2
- Name: Cherry Pick (no commit)
Script to run: /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/bin/git
Parameters: cherry-pick -n $SHA
However, I just created a new Custom Action that operates on the repository in general (not on a specific commit) and I just can't get it to work. Here is its description:
- Name: Push (force)
Script to run: /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/bin/git
Parameters: push --force
Each time I attempt to execute this Custom Action, I get this error:
git push --force
could not read Password for 'https://farmerpaul@github.com': Device not configured
Completed with errors, see above
Does anyone have any idea why there is this authentication error when I try to simply to do a "git push --force" via a Custom Action?